Is your yard covered in snow? You need the best lawn mower snow blower combo! In the winter season, the weather outside your home can become quite unpleasant if you live in a climate that is normally cold.
Instead of just singing winter-themed songs to cheer yourself up (though that’s not a bad thing), think of a way to clear the snow that will pile up all around you. If you already own a riding lawn mower then you will be pleased to know that you can attach a snow blower tool to it.
Outdoor Happens is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Click to learn more
We’ll look at the best lawn mower snow blower combo top 5 first, then we’ll look at some of the things you need to look out for when you’re buying a lawn mower snow blower combo. There’s a comparison table not far down as well to make it easy to compare the features of each. Enjoy!
Best Lawn Mower Snow Blower Combo Review
- Best lawn mower snow blower combo overall – NorTrac 3-Part Snow Blower. Has a 50″ intake. The clearing width alone makes this an awesome attachment. 5-position adjustable chute deflector and the 340° rotating chute. Where to buy the NorTrac BE-SBS50G
- Arnold MTD Genuine Parts Three-Stage Snow Thrower. Compatible with a Troy Bilt Super Bronco XP riding lawn mower. Comes with adjustable skid shoes and scraper blade. Where to buy the Arnold 3-stage thrower
- Best lawn mower snow blower combo for large yards – NorTrac 3-Part Snow Blower. Has a 60″ intake. If you have a large, heavy-duty lawn mower, this is the ideal choice. The extra clearing width plus the longer throwing distance of 40 feet compared to 25 feet with the 50-inch wide version make this a winner. Where to buy the NorTract BE-SBS60G
- John Deere 44-inch Snow Blower for 100 Series Tractor. The clearing width of this device is enough to clear driveways of any size. Two-stage blower. One of the lightest options on this list. Rear ballast for traction. Where to buy the John Deere snow blower combo.
- Husqvarna Two-Stage Lawn Tractor Mounted Snow Thrower. This device has a great combination of a 42-inch clearing width, 180° adjustable discharge chute and deflector pitch, and a 2-year warranty. Where to buy the Husqvarna 2-stage snow thrower.
Best Lawn Mower Snow Blower Combo Comparison Table
1. NorTrac BE-SBS50G 3-Pt. Snow Blower – 50″ Intake
Width is the name of the game with this attachment!
Having a clearing width of 50 inches, this snow blower can clear a bunch of snow off your driveway every time it passes by.
It also has a good throwing distance of 25 feet, which gives you enough room to work with. The chute deflector of this device is impressive as it can be adjusted into 5 different positions.
The manual-crank chute rotates as much as 340°, so you will be able to throw the snow at your desirable angle. The auger is bolt-protected and runs a chain-driven shear.
This snow blower is made out of steel, which is the most durable kind of material you can use to combat the snow.
The only real downside to this (aside from the steep price) is its weight of 612 pounds. It will take more than one person to attach this best lawn mower snow blower combo to your lawn mower.
- 50in. clearing width clears loads of snow with each pass
- 25-ft. throwing distance puts snow where you want it
- Manual-crank chute rotates 340deg to throw snow where you want it to go
- 5-position adjustable chute deflector to guide snow
- Fits tractors with 16 to 30 HP
One thing right off the bat that will set you at ease with this snow thrower; it is compatible with newer models of the Troy Bilt Super Bronco XP riding lawn mower. This can be a big deal if you don’t want to play any guessing games to determine which snow blower fits which lawn mower.
This snow thrower is also powerful, showing off three-stage technology that will clear snow as much as 25% faster than any two-stage snow thrower.
You will also appreciate the high volume accelerator of this device. It wastes no time chopping up snow and it will easily remove as much as 18 inches of snow.
Included with this snow thrower are adjustable skid shoes and a scraper blade which are replaceable. This snow thrower may not be the most visually appealing but it is highly productive and something I can see myself using.
- Compatible with Troy-Bilt Super Bronco XP riding lawn mower 2015 and newer with innovative...
- High volume accelerator cuts and chops snow to quickly and easily remove 18-Inch of snow
- Robust steel high arch chute provides optimal snow throwing; includes adjustable...
- 490-900-M059 suitcase weight also recommended to function correctly
- 1,100 service dealers coast to coast with bilingual customer support and easy-to-find...
3. NorTrac BE-SBS60G 3-Pt. Snow Blower – 60″ Intake
If you liked NorTrac’s 50-inch wide option for the best lawn mower snow blower combo, then you will love this attachment!
How about 10 inches wider for snow intake? The clearing width of 60 inches makes this snow blower the most productive option on this list. It also has a better throwing distance than the 50-inch wide option as it can throw snow as far as 40 feet.
This larger version of NorTrac’s 3-part snow blower also has a 5-position adjustable chute deflector that will help guide the snow. You can also rotate the manual-crank chute 340° to throw the snow in the angles of your liking.
The main problem you may have with a snow blower this large is that you will need a lawn mower that will accommodate this size. A serviceable option to pair this snow blower with would be the Husqvarna 54″ 26 HP zero turn riding mower. However, be prepared to save up some money to pay for it.
- 60in. clearing width clears loads of snow with each pass
- 40-ft. throwing distance puts snow where you want it
- Manual-crank chute rotates 340deg to throw snow where you want it to go
- 5-position adjustable chute deflector to guide snow
- Fits tractors with 25 to 40 HP
If you are in need of big snow removal, then this best lawn mower snow blower combo can answer the call!
No matter what the snow condition is, this snow blower works well for removing snow from your driveway. Though it is best suited for snow removal around recreational and industrial parks, you should have an easy time getting a feel for this device.
This is a two-stage blower, which means that the low-speed auger of the blower accumulates the crusted material as it moves the snow toward the second stage. Single-stage snow blowers don’t have this feature.
This snow blower has a rear ballast consisting of two 42-pound Quik-Tatch weights, which are recommended to be used for additional traction. John Deere is a recognizable brand, so don’t worry about anything fishy going on with this product!
5. Husqvarna Two-Stage Lawn Tractor Mounted Snow Thrower (Manual Lift)
This should be considered as a reasonable and well-rounded best lawn mower snow blower combo. If you love Husqvarna products and own a riding mower like the awesome Briggs and Stratton Hydrostatic Mower, this snow thrower is what you need. It has a spacious clearance intake of 42 x 20 inches, which means it will pick up a good amount of snow.
Its chute is easily adjustable to fit any angle as it can be rotated as much as 180°, which helps get the snow out of your way.
After you attach the mounting and pulley frame brackets, the snow thrower can easily be removed with the use of tools. It also has a replaceable wear plate and skid shoes.
One great thing about this snow thrower is the 2-year warranty that it has. Gotta love those warranty plans!
Best Lawn Mower Snow Blower Buyer’s Guide
Having to use your lawn mower along with a snow blower attachment for the winter season may sound like a daunting task.
However, if you know what to look out for you will find the combination that is right for you. You are looking for the best lawn mower snow blower combo that not only works together but also makes you feel comfortable.
Here are some factors to consider before purchasing either a lawn mower and/or a snow blower.
Why Do You Need a Snow Blower?
A snow blower is a device that the user guides from behind. Its mechanics are very basic. You remove snow from the surface of your choice with the help of a rotating spiral blade. This blade will pick up the snow and toss it out to the side.
If you are the type of person who has to travel to work, you don’t want to get bogged down for hours, manually shoveling your driveway. Having a snow blower will save you time and money.
What Is the Difference Between a 1-Stage and 2-Stage Snow Blower?
There are clear differences in size, power, and functionality when comparing the best lawn mower snow blower combo.
- A single-stage snow blower only has one core part in snow throwing. That core part would be the auger, a machine part that looks like a corkscrew. The auger sucks up the snow and then discharges it.
- A two-stage snow blower has an auger that will only suck up the snow, but then it will be discharged by a part called the impeller.
- Two-stage snow blowers can clear off more than 20 inches of snow.
- Single-stage snow blowers only clear off somewhere between 16 to 20 inches.
- However, it is easier to store a single-stage snow blower as it is lighter in weight. Single-stage blowers typically weigh around 50 pounds, and two-stage blowers typically weigh 150 pounds or more.
What Is the Difference Between a 2-Stage and 3-Stage Snow Blower?
The main difference between a 2-stage and a 3-stage snow blower is the design.
- If you choose to get a 3-stage snow blower, you will see two additional augers as well as one additional impeller.
- As you might have guessed, a 3-stage snow blower offers more power than a 2-stage snow blower.
- If you live in an area that sees very heavy snowfall, which can easily form compacted ice, then getting a 3-stage snow blower would be a wise choice. The extra augers break up the ice, and the impellers finish the job with the tossing.
- Two-stage snow blowers are self-propelled and free up one of your hands for use if you wish. They perform at their best when working on an incline of a driveway.
- Three-stage snow blowers can clear snow and ice at least 50% faster than two-stage snow blowers because of the additional augers. An additional auger in a three-stage snow blower is called an accelerator auger, specifically designed to speed up the snow throwing process.
Should You Get the Best Lawn Mower Snow Blower Combo If You Have a Long, Wide Driveway?
Yes, you should absolutely get a snow blower if you have a wide driveway because you will save time and money.
Instead of doing back-breaking work with a snow shovel for hours, a snow blower can scale back the amount of work you need to do.
Don’t miss our other review on the best electric snow shovels!
Should I Have a Gas Mower or an Electric Mower for My Snow Blower?
You’ll find that most best lawn mower snow blower combo products are made for gas mowers. You’ll see more power overall with a gas mower and with heavy snow, you’ll need all the power you can get.
All the lawn mower snow blower combos in our review are for gas lawn mowers. There are electric snow blowers you can use that don’t need a tractor, and you can see some of the best ones in our review best electric snow shovels.
Should Horsepower Be a Concern?
If you want to be productive in the snow, then horsepower should be a top concern.
Consider the auger width of a snow blower attachment, how much you can adjust the chute and deflector, and the overall durability of the snow blower’s materials.
What Type of Tires Do You Need for Snow Throwing?
For starters, always think about traction!
Some lawn mower tires unfortunately have poor treads, which are vulnerable to skidding. If you have tires that you know won’t perform well in the snow, have them replaced for the winter season as soon as possible. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Consider getting snow chains and rear ballast weights too. Read up on the best lawn mower snow blower combo of your choice – many manufactures have recommendations for tires, chains, and weight ballast options.
Here are some tire chains, to show you an example:
- New 2 Link TIRE CHAINS 26x12x12
- For Snow Blowers; Lawn & Garden Tractors; Mowers & Riders; UTV, ATV, 4-Wheelers, Utility...
- Chain Specs: Outside Links 0.157" (4mm) / Crosslinks 0.238" (6mm)
- Set of 2 Zinc-Plated Chains. Chains Only, Tires NOT Included
- Quality Aftermarket Part with 1 Year Warranty
Best Lawn Mower Snow Blower Combo Winner
All of the listed best lawn mower snow blower combo attachments are impressive in their own way, and they all perform the jobs they were designed to do.
Our best lawn mower snow blower combo today is the NorTrac BE-SBS50G. The 50″ intake is impressive and the build quality overall is second to none. If you have a large yard or a lot of snow to clear, consider upgrading to the 60″ version, the BE-SBS60G.
Funnily enough, there isn’t any price difference between the two, so if your mower can handle the bigger one, go for that one!
What combination do you use for a best lawn mower snow blower combo? What are your success stories? Or stories of failure before success? While tossing snow around, did you make a snowman? Feel free to comment below on your experiences!
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API