Cute, pun, and funny duck names! Ducks and duck names are cute – that’s for sure. We have a fascination with everything duck, especially funny name ideas! There are games like Duck, Duck, Goose named for them, shoes called ‘Duck shoes’ named for them, and special phrases like “just ducky” to share how you feel.
The eggs female ducks lay are tastier and more nutritious than their chicken counterparts. Better yet, there is a comic icon, Daffy Duck, that has made generations “quack up” laughing. These are only a few ways that ducks have waddled their way into our lives.
Whether you watch them, wear them, eat them, adopt them or love these cute little feathered friends, we want to share a ton of funny name ideas for your darling duck.
Let’s Get Quacking With Funny and Cute Duck Names!
- Funny Duck Names and Duck Pun Names
- Tips for Naming Your Duck
- Help Us Build the Ultimate List!
Funny Duck Names and Duck Pun Names
Finding the best name for your little feathered friend should be as cute and quirky as can be. Using duck pun names is fun and adds personality and perkiness to your darling duckie.
Get inspired by the things that make him stand out in the flock. Study how he sounds, eats, acts, and interacts with you. Get creative and let your imagination soar. Take a gander at the following funny duck names and duck pun names.
- Hugh Quackman
- Lord of the Beaks
- Leonardo DiQuackrio (or DiFlaprio!)
- Moby Duck
- Al Quackcino
- Michael Quackson
- Duck Norris
- Samuel L Quackson
- Kim Karquackian
- Moby Duck
- Quack Nicholson
- Jimmy Fowlon
- Quackie Brown
- Nut Quacker
- Quack Black
- Pond, James Pond
- Milk and Quackers (or Cheese and Quackers!)
- Lucky Ducky
- Ryan Gooseling
- Lady QuaQua
- Ben Affquack
- Sylquackster Stallone
- La Toya Quackson
- Quack Efron
- Lucy Goosey
- Quackie Chan
- Shell Gibson
- Big Quack
- Rubber Ducky
- Quacker Jack
- Ritz (Quacker)
- Quack Sparrow
- Wing Diesel
- Quack be Nimble, Quack be Quick
- Robert Duckney Jr. (or Robird Downey Jr.!)
- Reece Featherspoon
- Sir Quacks A Lot
I couldn’t stop watching this video:
Cute Duck Names
After our duck pun names, it’s time for cute duck names! If your sweet little treasures are as cute as can be, give your cutie pies cute duck names. As with anything, beauty is in the eye and beak of the beholder.
Ask yourself, what makes my duck so cute? Is it that sweeter-than-sweet face, soft fluffy feathers, wacky waddle, playful personality, or another tremendous trait?
If your duck constantly quacks you up, Quacker nails the name. If your little ducky won’t quit poking you with his baby beak, Nibbles just might get the job done. Moby Duck and Daisy Duck are classics! Take a second waddle and maybe one of the following cute duck names fits your baby bird to a t.
- Tiny Feather
- Merry Feather
Girl Duck Names
If you are blessed with a lovely little girl, there are awesome female duck names for your girl ducks. Your missy miss surely has some feminine features that will help you pick the perfect name.
Maybe your sweet little pet duck looks like your favorite dessert, candy, cake, or color. Maybe she reminds you of a fave actress, historian, celebrity, or fashionista. Donald Duck won’t cut it here! How about Tinker Bell or Jemima Puddle-Duck? There’s some cute duck names!
Think of a gal pal or BFF in your life that you want to honor. Your darlin’ duckling’s name could be named after her. Now that’s sweet and special.
- Daisy Duck
- Daphne Duck
- Jemima Puddle-Duck
How adorable is this Beatrix Potter video, The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck?
Boy Duck Names
After our female duck names, it’s time for the men in our lives! If your pet duck is a boy birdie, select dapper duck names that are debonair and daring. Is he as handsome as can be and struts his stuff throughout the feathery flock? Is this little duckie dynamo destined to be king of the coop? Or is he on the sensitive and shyer side?
Give your baby duck-aroo a waddle-worthy name that is macho, manly, and meaningful. Proceed with caution as male ducks tend to take on the personality of the name they are given. Make sure you know he can handle it and rise his wings to the occasion.
You can always go for classic funny duck names like Donald Duck, Darkwing Duck or, of course, duck pun names like Quackie Chan and Quack Efron!
- Donald Duck
- Walter (or Sir Walter)
Famous Duck Names
Hollywood is full of famous ducks with funny names that have filled the big screen with fowl-tastic performances. Daffy Duck and Daisy Duck instantly come to mind. Their feather-pleasing star appeal is recognized and enjoyed by duck-loving fans throughout the world.
Whether it is on the television screen, big movie screen, or laptop screen near you, naming your little talented pal after a famous duck will fill his or her feather-filled heart with bigger-than-life stardom dreams.
- Cornelius Coot
- Duck Man
- Daisy Duck
- Daphne Duck
- Darkwing Duck
- Donald Duck
- Drake Mallard
- Daffy Duck
- Elvira Coot
- Gladstone Gander
- Hortense McDuck
- Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck
- Humperdink Duck
- Launchpad McQuack
- Ludwig von Drake
- Malcom ‘Matey’ McDuck
- Matilda McDuck
- Pintail Duck
- Professor Waddlemeyer
- Scrooge McDuck
- Thelma Duck
- Quackmore Duck
Cool Duck Names
Now if your feathery friend shows signs of resembling a cool cat, an ultra-cool duck name may work for his bad self. If this little dude or dudette is too cool for school, a double name may be the egg-cellent choice. How about Sir, Mister, or Ma’am for starters?
Consider famous movie stars like Duck (Chuck) Norris, James Pond (Bond) for the duck dudes, and Chickira (Shakira) and Feather (Heather) Locklear for the duck gals. Not all ducks can carry off cool names but the ones that can will rule the roost. Take a gander at more cool duck names.
- Bottoms Up
- Coconut (for the particularly courageous duck?!)
- Feather Locklear
Names for White Ducks
There are so many colors and breeds of ducks out there it can make your tail feathers spin. Pure white ducks are so darling they deserve a name that goes along with this unique cottony cloud appearance.
Think about things that you like that are all white. Name your sweetie after food like sugar or a valuable gem like a pearl. A few more ideas to get you inspired are Cotton, Snowflake, and Cloud. Check out even more.
- White Lightning
- Beluga (for the chubby duck)
- Pearly White
- White Knight
And hey, if all else fails – you can always go for cauliflower. Or Rice.
Names for Black Ducks
Black ducks are extraordinarily beautiful. Their fabulous feathers and mysterious features will capture the heart and soul of any duck lover in the flock.
Go for an elegant dramatic duck name that fits this image with anything but a basic black style. Cocoa and Ebony are right on track for black ducks while Coal and Espresso are perfect for taking on the pond in style. Get inspired with the following names for black ducks.
Names That Mean Duck
Duck is actually a word of affection in different parts of the world. If you are all about naming your little feathery friend something internationally ducky, consider giving your little waddle of joy a name that means duck in a different language.
The romantic French refer to ducks as la canard (the d is silent), and the quacking noise they make as kwa, kwa. Oui Oui! Yessiree!
How about a touch of spice? Hola! On the other side of the farm, the Spanish community refers to ducks as el pato and their quacking noise as el curandero, both interesting and duck-approved names for your webbed-footed amigos.
- Anka (Swedish)
- El Curandero (quacking in Spanish)
- El Pato (Spanish)
- Ente (German)
- Kachna (Czech)
- Kwa Kwa (quacking in French)
- La Canard (French)
- Patka (Croatian)
- Pato (Brazilian Portuguese)
Duck Dish Names
They may not be duck pun names, but funny duck names inspired by food are often a big hit! Here’s our big list of duck dish inspired names for the next Peking Duck, Crispy Duck, or Duck Confit.
- Arroz de Pato
- Bebek Betutu
- Bebek Goreng
- Carnitas de Pato
- Five Spice
- Foie Gras
- Magret de Canard
- Pad Thai
- Peri Peri
Baby Duck Names
There’s nothing cuter than a handful of ducklings wandering around, so you’ll probably want to give your baby ducks a name that’s as adorable as they are! Ming-Ming Duckling rolls off the tongue, or how about Matilda McDuck?
Names for flowers and candies are always a wonderful choice for baby ducks, but these cute names are also a great fit for fuzzy little ducklings:
- Mary Jane
Fictional and Cartoon Duck Names
Some of our favorite cartoon and Beatrix Potter characters are ducks! Cartoon and storybook ducks also have some of the best duck names perfect for your pet ducks. Here are some of our favorite famous duck names!
- Howard the Duck (Howard the Duck rules! He saved the galaxy from scary space aliens. Howard also happens to be an adorable name for any member of your flock. For adult or baby ducks both!)
- Jemima Puddle-Duck (One of our favorite feathered Beatrix Potter characters.)
- Fenton Crackshell (AKA the mighty Gizmoduck!)
- Fethry Duck (Donald Duck’s eccentric cousin. It’s the perfect name if you have a silly goose (or duck) in your flock!)
- Gosalyn Mallard (Daughter of Darkwing Duck.)
- Wolfgang Duck (Named after a celebrity chef from Boston Duck Tours.)
- Dugan Duck (AKA Beaky Duck. A famous resident of the legendary Duckburg!)
- Casey Coot (Casey Coot was an old-school Klondike gold-digger and legendary associate of Scrooge McDuck.)
- Grandma Duck (Casey Coot’s grandma!)
- Clinton Coot (Donald Duck’s great-grandfather!)
- Cuthbert Coot (Donald Duck’s cousin and rancher.)
- Kildare Coot (A famously strange duck! Kildare is perfect if one of your ducks has a unique personality.)
- Dudley Duck (A little-known character in a small handful of Daffy and Donald comics.)
Here’s Howard the Duck in No More Mr. Nice Duck:
Also – some ducks don’t travel alone. Sometimes, they have geese flock mates!
Best Goose Names and Names for Geese
We know the following goose names aren’t good duck names. But we thought they were perfect if your feathery flock has a few wayfaring geese!
- Gladstone Gander (Disney character who exhibits outstanding luck. Gladstone is a perfect name for the luckiest bird in your flock.)
- The Golden Goose (From Brothers Grimm.)
- Fanny Coot (From the hilarious Fanny the Goose.)
- Luke Goose (Fanny Coot’s loving husband.)
- Luke the Goose (Another name for Luke Goose.)
- Cousin Gus (Gus is famous for a voracious appetite. If your goose loves to eat – Cousin Gus is our favorite name!)
- Gus Goose (Another name for Cousin Gus.)
- Gustav Goose (Cousin Gus.)
Will your goose be Gus Goose, Luke Goose, Gladstone Gander, or Gustav Goose? It’s almost impossible to choose from these cool ideas!
Tips for Naming Your Duck
Naming your duck is a curious and creative process. There’s no need to get your waddle worked up when deciding the perfect namesake for your darling duckie. Get your family involved with an all-hands-on-duck attitude! Together with the following tips, you will find the luckiest duckiest name out there.
- Consider your feathery family member’s personality. Keep an eye on how they behave with other ducks, animals, and family members. Watch and observe how they waddle, what sounds they make and how they sleep. What is their favorite food? Are they affectionate or keep their distance? What and who do they spend time with? These are all helpful ways to narrow down a name for your duck.
- Select a name that has meaning to you. Do you have a mentor to honor? Are you a huge fan of a movie star, celebrity, or influencer? Do you have a favorite color, food, or fragrance that your ducking reminds you of? Going through this process narrows down the field and might give you a spark of inspiration. Many great duck pun names were born during this process!
- Get your family and friends involved in the naming process. What do they have to say about your dandy duckie? They might see a trait that triggers the best name that you didn’t see coming. Invite them over for a duck naming party and have fun spending time with you and your new quacker.
- Check out how your duck reacts to a potential name. Does he or she come happily waddling along to you when you say it or throw up both wings and run the other way? If there is a positive response you are on the right track. If there is a negative response, go back to the duck naming drawing board.
- Finally, select a name and commit to it. Ducks are smart and when you are consistent with a new name, they will start to recognize it and respond positively.
Do Ducks Learn Their Name?
Yes, ducks can learn their name and there is research to back it up. Ducks are eggs-tra intelligent. They are smarter than you might think. They not only have instincts that keep them safe and with their family, but they can also learn their name.
They can also recognize the faces and voices of their human, especially those that feed and care for them. Ducks are smart birds, and if you consistently call them by their name, starting at a young age, they will lean and respond to it.
According to research by Harvard University, ducks have cognitive abilities that not only fascinate researchers but to this day remain a mystery. The bottom line of the research stated that duckings may be even smarter than we imagined. How is that for getting all your ducks in a Harvard Research row!
Different Ducks, Different Names
A duck is a duck is a duck, right?
Not so fast, friends.
There are different names for different ducks. For example, a cutie pie baby duck is called a duckling. A group of baby ducks is called a brood. A female duck is called a hen and a male duck is called a drake.
Who knew there are so many names for ducks?
In general, ducks are referred to as waterfowl because they usually live by ponds, streams, lakes, and rivers. Speaking of water, diving ducks and sea ducks are referred to as scaups. In addition, hungry ducks who dip their little feathery heads into the water for food are referred to as dabbling ducks.
Duck Names FAQ
We have a huge list of names for your girl duck! Some of our favorite names are Jemima Puddle-Duck, Henrietta, Daisy Duck, Duckess, Willow, and Pansy – but we have over 333 name ideas on our list.
We love silly ducks! Name your waddler Puddles, Waddles, Mr. Bean, Laurel (or Hardy), Dougal, or choose one of our 333+ duck name ideas!
Yes, there is a name for a male duck. Male ducks are called drakes. A baby duck is a duckling and a group of ducks is called a brood. A female duck is a duck (or hen).
A good duck name reflects your duck’s personality. Ducks can learn to recognize their name so a good name is one that suits your duck’s individuality. A brave, white duck could be Stormtrooper, a tasty-looking duck could be Peking, and so on!
A pair of ducks are generally referred to as a brace. There are numerous names for groups of ducks, including a brood, a bunch, a company, a daggle, a diving, and a waddling!
Help Us Build the Ultimate List!
You’ve all been amazing with your help on the previous names lists:
- Funny Chicken Names
- Funny Names for Your Chicken Coop
- Funny Deer Names
- Funniest Cow Names
- Waggish Farm Dog Names
- Funny Goat Names
- Funniest Pig Names
We’d love your help, once again! Please help us build the ultimate duck pun names and funny duck names list by leaving your suggestions in the comments below. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
Thanks so much for reading!
Don’t leave us yet, check out these great articles: