This is my
Both come with a 3-year guarantee if you register your oven with
Ooni Pro Comparison
I’ve created a comparison table of the two pizza ovens. Tables make it easy to see the features of each
Ooni Pro Differences
Let’s look at the differences in
The price difference between the
That’s nearly double the price. Let’s look at each pizza oven’s features to see if we can figure out why.
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven Review
The video below explains the features of the
The Pro oven has a chimney vent and a ceiling vent. Closing the ceiling vent allows the heat and smoke to billow around the front of the oven, before going out via the side channels and the open chimney.
This allows you to cook at slower, lower temperatures. For high-temperature pizza cooking, keep both vents open for maximum heat.
You can cook a vast range of dishes in the
The Pro actually fits 2 of Ooni’s cast iron sizzle pans in it, so you can bake bread and vegetables at the same time.
The temperatures you can reach in the Pro are incredibly high. It goes up to 932F, twice as hot as a standard oven.
It has a high-grade stainless steel body with thick insulation, so you’re keeping the heat in. The chimney draws flames and heat forward and right through the oven, so you get even heat distribution.
- Check out the Ooni pizza oven bundles before you buy an oven. You can get bundles with gas attachments and peels for a great price!
Although it’s almost twice the weight of the
Get the free
Ooni pizza cooking book, “Cooking with Fire”!
Click on the image below and scroll down the page 🙂
Ooni Karu Pizza Oven Review
Let’s look at the
You can still cook with real wood, charcoal, or gas (with the attachment), but this oven is half the weight of the
Don’t miss these
- Ooni Fyra oven vs Ooni Karu pizza oven
- Ooni Fyra pizza oven vs Ooni 3 oven
- Ooni Koda 16 Oven vs Ooni Pro Pizza Oven
It still reaches exceptionally high temperatures, just like the Pro. The Karu also has a chimney vent to adjust the airflow and temperature inside the oven. It’s self-cleaning due to the high temperatures it reaches, but this is precisely the same as the Pro.
You still get that authentic wood-fired pizza flavor, and it heats up quicker than the Pro by five minutes. That’s not a lot, but every minute counts when you have hungry kids.
Pizzas aren’t the only thing you can cook in the Karu. You can use the cast iron sizzle pans in it, too, for meat, fish, nachos, wings, and vegetable dishes.
The Karu pizza oven does have a smaller cooking surface, so a 13″ pizza is the max you can cook inside. It comes with the same high-quality cordierite baking boards. A Neapolitan pizza takes 60 seconds in either pizza oven, so there’s no difference in speed.
The price difference seems to come from the construction mainly. The Pro is twice the weight, and that weight has to come from somewhere. It’d be safe to assume the extra weight comes from the quality of the construction materials and their strength.
- The Karu oven is a fantastic choice if you want portability.
- If you want a pizza oven for your backyard and you’re going to cook for hours on end, go for the Pro oven.
Which Pizza Oven Is Better –
Ooni Karu or Pro?
- If you’re looking for ultimate portability with the versatility of cooking on wood, charcoal, or gas, the Karu oven is your pizza oven. You can’t beat the weight of this pizza oven, weighing only 26.5 lbs. With the removable chimney and foldable legs, it fits anywhere. In the back of the car, in your RV, or stored in the shed over winter.
- Go for the Pro oven for a more heavy-duty backyard family pizza oven. You can’t beat the extra space for cooking more stuff simultaneously and bigger 16″ pizzas. If you want to park it in the backyard for family pizza night or flame-grilled steak, this is your go-to.