Remember The Shining’s “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy?” Today, it’s all about play and getting your garden ready for this year’s Halloween with some creepy garden gnomes!
If you love The Shining as much as I do, you can even earn some cash watching it, together with 12 other horror movies like Misery, It, The Blair Witch Project, and Paranormal Activity.
The catch is that you have to sit through all 13 movies with your survival kit (blanket, popcorn, candy, and Stephen King paraphernalia) and wear a Fitbit to track your heart rate. Once you’ve watched all 13 and logged your report, they’ll pay you $1300.
Outdoor Happens is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Click to learn more
Apparently, “it wants to investigate whether there is a correlation between a horror movie’s budget and how “dread-inducing” it is.”
Now, today, whilst we’re feasting our eyes upon these creepy garden gnomes, let’s spare a thought for our friends in the UK who are currently experiencing a garden gnome shortage.
Due to a blockage in the Suez Canal, their garden centers “haven’t seen a gnome in six months, unfortunately.” Oh no!
Creepy Garden Gnomes for a Terrifically Terrifying Halloween
1. Ed’s Undead Baby, Ed’s Undead
Creepy garden gnome Undead Ed stands 11 inches tall and is made from durable polyresin. He’s perfectly happy inside the house (don’t let him in!) and in the yard because he’s weather and sun-resistant.
Did he just move??
2. Creepy Jason Voorhees Gnome
Did you know Jason didn’t wear his mask in the first two movies?
There’s actually a darned creepy gnome below with a bag over his head. Turns out that this is Jason before he went hockey-mask!
In the first Jason film, the villain was his mom, Pamela Voorhees. Then, in the second movie where he avenges her death, he looks like a farmer with a bag over this head.
3. Loose Eye Zombie Gnome
An eye for an eye and a, uhm, rotten tooth for a tooth? This is not a gnome you want to cross!
- Perfect gift for those that love Zombie
- Great craftmanship.
- Measurement: H: 7 x W: 5.25 x D: 7
4. Eatmore Guts Zombie Gnome
A zombie gnome always wants to eat more guts, and what better place to do so than in your garden?
5. Grim Reaper
We don’t beat the reaper by living longer, but by living well, and living fully – for the reaper will come for all of us.
The question is: “What do we do between the time we’re born and the time he shows up?”Randy Pausch
What do we do?
Get more creepy garden gnomes!
6. Zombie Halloween Garden Gnome
“My zombie apocalypse plan is simple but effective. I fully intend to die in the very first wave.” Graham Parke’s strategy for the impending garden gnome – sorry – zombie apocalypse.
8. Black Metal Lawn Gnome
This creepy little gnome is made from metal which is different!
He may be the gnome from the 2015 film “Gnome Alone” which was, admittedly, a flop. It’s about a girl who receives enchanted protection from a super creepy gnome, who proceeds to annihilate her enemies in a horrific fashion!
9. Creepy Grim Reaper
This little grim reaper is made of resin and a scary addition to your Halloween display. He stands 5″ tall and 6″ wide so make sure you give him a position at the front somewhere!
The movie Scream was released in 1996 – can you believe it’s that long ago? It sparked absolute terror in me when I watched it as a 13-year old.
11. Zombie in Your Garden
This creepy garden gnome is best suited to a position in plant containers due to its size of 19×9.5x15cm, which is only about 7.5″ tall and 6″ wide.
He’d look pretty awesome there though, especially with his light on so no one can miss his creepy face!
12. Cement Gnome With Braids
This is one of the more expensive creepy garden gnomes in my list but it’s also one of the most durable because it’s made from concrete, not resin.
It weighs 18 pounds and stands 16” tall and 6” wide. She (?) reminds me of the Day of the Dead and you could probably paint her of you like that style!
13. Gutsy the Gruesome
Little Gutsy is a bargain! At just under $8 excluding shipping, he’s definitely one of the cheaper gnomes on this list.
The same listing also offers a zombie squirrel and some other creepy zombie gnomes.
14. Black Cat Gnomes
These little cat gnomes are probably more cute than creepy but if you’re superstitious, a black cat can frighten!
Did you know that black cats are the least likely to get adopted from shelters in the USA? Toronto is on board too, holding a Black Friday event in 2014 where people could adopt black cats for free.
To this day, you may find shelters offering free black cat adoptions on Black Friday to help black cats get adopted!
15. Evil Reaper Patio Gnome
- OUTDOOR STATUE: This grim gnome reaper statue is a great addition to your gnome...
- BEST GIFT IDEA: Housewarming, birthday, or Christmas, our funny garden gnomes make the...
- DURABLE: Polyresin construction is rust and weather-resistant to keep your outdoor statue...
- IDEAL SIZE: Statue measures 3"L x 3"W x 8.5"H, the perfect size for your yard, and...
As for as the Reaper goes, this one is actually pretty cute!
Complete with scythe, he stands 8.5″ tall and 3″ wide. The perfect size for the patio, along a garden path, or standing near a tree (hiding?).
16. One-Armed Zombie Gnome
- Perfect gift for those that love Zombie
- Great craftmanship.
- Measurement: H: 11.75 x W: 4 x D: 5.50
There’s something about missing limbs…
This creepy garden gnome shows that to the fullest, sporting one arm and lots of gory detail. He stands 11.75″ tall and is made from resin that’s suitable for outdoor use.
17. Oh Snap, Steve
Poor Steve! Is the work of your other creepy garden gnomes that took a dislike to Steve?
18. Horror Movie Creepy Garden Gnomes
- 💗【High-quality material】Horror movie gnomes garden statue decoration is made of...
- 💗【Gnome Garden Nightmares】Inspired by some of your favorite horror movie icons, If...
- 💗【Garden killer】These magical walking dead are crafted by hand! The best decoration...
- 💗【Perfect gift】If you are looking for a customized gift, then this is a great gift...
- 💗【After-sales service】Each product undergoes quality inspection before leaving the...
Still have nightmares about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Freddy? These little gnomes will bring those “wonderful” memories right back!
Remember how I talked about Jason starting out with a bag over his head instead of a hockey mask? I imagine he might have looked like this little guy!
This same listing also features a clown, Freddy, Frankenstein, a ghost or the guy from Scream, and the guy from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Or Motel Hell. Or Slashers. Or any other movie where some crazy person wields a chainsaw with ill intent.
19. Stabby the Evil Gnome
Stabby looks nice but he’s not! He pretends to give you a flower whilst holding a gigantic knife behind his back.
One of the cooler creepy garden gnomes I found!
20. Naughty Cat
- NO MORE BORING GARDEN DECOR - this beautifully hand painted resin cat with tiger stripes...
- DON'T WORRY - only eats gnomes. Dogs, mailmen and neighbors are 100% safe. Perfect gifts...
- HIGH QUALITY - handcrafted and made from durable resin material.
- Big enough to be noticed but small enough to fit on a bookshelf. Perfect size for many...
- Guaranteed to make the number of gnomes in your garden greatly decrease.
This one’s perfect for when you need some help keeping all those creepy gnomes in check. Place Naughty in the middle of a group of gnomes to make sure they behave themselves!
21. Frankenstein Gnome
Fifty Shades of Gnomes offers this unique little Frankenstein, which is almost 5″ tall and a real lightweight at under 1 lb.
All the gnomes from this shop are fully custom made – every gnome is unique!
This little guy is handpainted with outdoor-safe paint and UV-resistant sealant.
22. Skeleton Gnome Homesteading Family
- Woman and kid skeletons gnome: 4 1/5" x 1 9/10" x 1 1/3"
- Man skeleton gnome: 4 1/5" x 1 9/10" x 1 1/3"
- Made of quality polyresin. These gnome figurine miniatures are waterproof, rust-proof....
- The garden Gnomes ornaments can be use for dollhouse,garden,desk and plant decoration,...
- 【Note】It's small parts and inedible, please do not give them to children under 3 years...
I identify with these guys. Aren’t they just like us homesteaders? Momma’s got the bubba, we’re off to chop some wood and make a self-sufficient life for ourselves…
We’re even immortal so we can keep pioneering forever!
Make sure you check the size of all the creepy garden gnomes before you buy – many of these are smaller than you might think!
23. Henry Crawlins
Henry is so cool!
Mr Crawlins doesn’t let a little thing like death stop him – look at him go! He’s 11″ long and 4″ tall and made from durable, weather-resistant polyresin.
Got Enough Creepy Garden Gnomes?
Enter Nebby the Gnome Hunter!
Keep numbers equal with this 9″ tall German Shepherd gnome. Nebby stands 9″ tall and weighs 1.5 pounds. He’s handcrafted from quality resin – no gnome is safe with Nebby on patrol!
- CUTE HOUSEWARMING GIFT: Nebby The German Shepherd Gnome Hunter is 9 inches tall and he...
- OUTDOOR FUNNY STATUE DECOR: Nebby the puppy is ready to go out of the box, no training...
- HIGH QUALITY & WEATHERPROOF: He is handcrafted and made from a durable resin material to...
- SIZE: His dimensions are 9″ H x 6″ W x 5″ L (inches).
- COLLECT ALL OF THE GNOME HUNTERS: Don't forget to order Nemmy, his kitten ally against the...
I hope you enjoyed these creepy garden gnomes!
Tell us about your Halloween garden display this year in the ocmments below – are you keeping it simple or going all-out?
Last update on 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API