Want a cordless drill but don’t want to spend a fortune? We’ve found 7 awesome drills under 50 bucks! Surprisingly, these cheap drills aren’t nasty – you can actually get a decent drill for that sorta money! Below, you’ll find our top 7 best cordless drill under 50. We’ve also included detailed reviews for each drill which you’ll find further down. Enjoy!
Our winner today is the Black + Decker 20v cordless drill. It’s fairly lightweight at just over 3 pounds, but that little bit of extra weight gives you extra durability, quality, and power over the other drills. For about 40 bucks, this is an awesome drill! It even comes with 2 years warranty – you can’t go wrong!
Our Top 7 Best Cordless Drill Under 50
- Black + Decker 20V MAX cordless drill. This drill features 20v, 1500 watts, 11 position clutch, and 2-year warranty. Super compact, lightweight, and super easy to deal with.
- Avid Power 20V MAX lithium-ion cordless drill. This drill is a close second, with 20v, 15+1 torque settings, long-lasting batteries, and an accessory kit. Very lightweight at 2.2 pounds.
- Galax Pro 20V cordless drill driver. The cheapest drill in this review at just over $30. It runs on 20v, has a 3/8″ keyless chuck, and 19+1 torque settings. Max speed is only 600rpm, though.
- Wakyme 12.6V power drill. If you want lots of torque settings, this is your drill – it has 21! Unfortunately it also weighs nearly 5 pounds, double the weight of our top drills.
- Goxawee electric drill set. Huge accessory kit (100pc), but they’re of questionable quality. Max speed of 1350rpm and it does come with 2 batteries which is cool.
- Juemel 100pcs accessories electric power drill set. Another super light drill at 2.6 pounds. It comes with a carrying case and 100 accessories, but again, the quality of the drill bits is sub-par.
- AutoJare 20v Max/18v electric cordless drill. This is not your best drill if you need speed – its max speed is 450rpm. It weighs nearly 4 pounds and battery quality is not great. Replacements are hard to find too.
Best Cordless Drill Under 50 Reviews
1. Black + Decker 20V MAX Cordless Drill
Black + Decker is well recognized for its power tools, especially tools that you need to fix your home. The great thing about this cordless drill is that there isn’t much assembly required. This product is made up of only one piece, and with the help of one lithium-ion battery, it packs a punch in electric power. It drills into surfaces at 20 volts with 1,500 watts.
The Black + Decker 20 Volt Max cordless drill costs about 40 bucks. It comes with a drill and driver, one Lcs20 charger, and one double-ended bit as an alternate attachment. This cordless drill is compact and lightweight at 3.15 pounds.
- Lithium Ion Technology & 20V MAX: Lighter, more compact, no memory, longer life
- 11 Position Clutch: Provides precise control for drilling into wood, metal, plastic, and...
- Features integrated bit holder under drill handle that includes double ended bit
- Variable Speed: Allows countersinking without damaging material
- Ideal for drilling into wood, metal plastic and all screw driving tasks
It has an 11 position clutch, which is the orange selector ring, and a 3/8″ chuck. A single LED work light is located just above the button you press to start the drill, which is convenient if you work at night. Nobody wants to work in the dark, right?
- Power: 20 volts, 1,500 watts, 650 RPM
- Battery and charger: 20-volt Max lithium-ion battery, Lcs20 charger
- Weight: 3.15 pounds
- Accessories: 3/8” plastic chuck
- Features: 10 + 1 torque settings, trigger-activated LED light
- 11 position clutch enables more control for drilling into hard surfaces.
- There is a 2-year warranty for this drill.
- This drill has variable speeds that are trigger-activated.
- Lightweight and compact, comfortable to carry around.
- Average battery life of 1 hour is poor.
- It takes 3 to 4 hours to charge the battery.
- This drill does not come with a carrying case.
2. Avid Power 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill
Avid Power is a company that makes great products, and it has made what we consider to be the best cordless drill under 50. The torque settings of this Avid Power cordless drill are amazing as you will have 16 different positions to choose from. You can select the max torque setting for drilling into hardwood or steel plate surfaces.
Costing only about $40, this drill comes with double-end driver bits. It has a variable speed trigger that is easy to grip, you can adjust how you drill into surfaces. This drill requires just one lithium-ion battery, which is included with your purchase. The beauty of this battery is its average lifespan, which can be as much as 300 hours if you keep it consistently charged.
- Multifunctional Battery Pack: 20V 1.5Ah Lithium-ion battery pack with USB output...
- 15+1 Position Clutch: 15+1 torque (260 In-lbs) settings provide precise control for...
- Ergonomic Design: Compact and lightweight design with superior motor minimizes fatigue in...
- Efficient Working: A flexible shaft could be used in some places where driver bits are...
- What'S Included: 10pcs drill bits, 10pcs driver bits, an extension bar for sticking on...
With a cordless drill, you want one that is light enough to deal with. If you want a compact and lightweight tool, you will love this drill! It weighs only 2.2 pounds, which is light enough to carry anywhere.
One unique accessory that needs mentioning is the magnetic flexible shaft. You can use this shaft in areas where driver bits won’t be able to reach certain spots. You can bend this shaft to go to any angle you want.
- Power: 20 volts, 1,500 watts, 550 RPM
- Battery and charger: 20-Volt Max lithium-ion battery, Lcs20 charger
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Accessories: 3/8” chuck, magnetic flexible shaft
- Features: 10 pieces of steel drill bits, 15 + 1 torque settings
- Battery pack is multifunctional, with a USB output for charging phones
- Variable speed trigger
- Fantastic average battery life of 300 hours
- Rubber handle is comfortable to grip
- Magnetic flexible shaft is good, but it could have more length
- Sometimes you can smell carbon brush burning in the motor
3. Galax Pro 20V Cordless Drill Driver
The best cordless drill under 50 still needs to be reliable. No point having a drill that only works a couple of times! This drill is the cheapest drill on this list. The Galax Pro 20v cordless drill costs around $35 and is a reliable bang for your buck.
For starters, this drill has the standard 3/8” keyless chuck that allows for fast and convenient installation of bits. The position torque ring on this drill is awesome – 20 different positions to choose from, having 19 different speeds and 1 drill mode.
- Keyless chuck: This drill comes equipped with a 3/8” keyless chuck for fast and...
- 19+1 Position torque ring: The power drill features 19+1 torque position clutch, 20n.m...
- 20V Max battery: The cordless driver comes with a 1.3 ampere-hour lithium Ion battery and...
- Ergonomic design and convenience: Soft rubber handle provides a comfortable grip for...
- What you get: 1* cordless drill, 1* 1.3 ampere-hour battery, 1* charger,1* belt clip, 2*...
It has an ergonomic design with a soft rubber handle, an LED light, and a convenient belt buckle clip. One thing though – if you value drilling speed, then you may want to think about other drills. This drill does not have the highest possible speed out of all the drills on this list. The fastest speed the drill can reach is 600 RPM, which may not fit your needs.
- Power: 20 volts, 600 RPM
- Battery and charger: 1 lithium-ion battery, 1 Lcs20 charger
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Accessories: 5 pieces of multifunctional drill bits
- Features: 3/8” keyless Chuck, LED light, belt buckle clip
- Compact and lightweight, easy to carry around
- Ergonomic design allows for a comfortable grip every time
- 600 RPM as the top drilling speed may not fit your needs
- Accessories may be lacking as there are only 5 additional pieces
4. Wakyme 12.6V Power Drill
This is the drill that has the most torque settings available. How does 21 different settings sound? This drill costs only about $40, and it comes with an entire kit full of components. Ten driver bits, 9 socket wrenches, 1 tile drill, and 1 flexible shaft driver make up an impressive tool kit.
Not all cordless drills are perfect. The Wakyme drill has potential setbacks depending on your preferences. It is one of the heavier drills on this list, weighing 4.84 pounds. It does come with 2 batteries, so you can keep working while the other battery charges.
- 【Powerful Motor & Max 300In-lb Torque】WAKYME drill tool set is designed with...
- 【18+3 Clutch & 2-Variable Speed】WAKYME 12.6V cordless drill/driver, with 3 in 1...
- 【LED Work Light & Multifunctional Battery Pack】The lithium-ion drill driver in...
- 【3/8 Quick Chuck & Forward/Reserve Trigger】The compact drill driver has a large...
You can use this drill 1 to 2 hours straight before needing to recharge it. Depending on how you work, this might not be an issue, and you can always change over to the other battery when it goes flat.
- Power: 12.6 volts, 1,500 watts, 1,500 RPM
- Battery and charger: 2 lithium-ion batteries, Lcs20 charger
- Weight: 4.84 pounds
- Accessories: 1 carrying box, 1 flexible shaft driver, 3 two-way screwdrivers
- Features: 18 + 3 position clutch, two slots to store spare drills, LED work light
- 3-in-1 working mode, featuring hammer, driver, and drill modes.
- Variable speed settings of 0-350 RPM and 0-1,500 RPM
- Reverse forward switch and safety lock
- Drop-proof, shockproof, and waterproof
- Heavy to carry around!
5. Goxawee Electric Screw Driver Set
All of us can appreciate a complete drill kit! The Goxawee home drill set contains a whopping 100 accessories! Your projects will not be interrupted due to the fast charging time of the drill’s batteries. This drill’s charger is ultra-reliable, taking just 1 hour to charge batteries.
The speed of this drill is impressive, having 2 trigger-activated variable speeds of either 0-350 RPM or 0-1,350 RPM. The 18 + 1 torque setting is ideal for any project as you can easily adjust the drill’s selector ring. The 3/8” keyless chuck features an automatic spindle lock that allows you to change drill bits with only one hand. Though it costs about $45, a few dollars more, this drill set is worth the investment.
- ◆READY TO GO Drill Set: GOXAWEE Home Drill Set comes with a complete drill bit sets that...
- ◆NO INTERRUPTION on Project: You can constantly work your task. This cordless drill came...
- ◆Accurate Control & Adjustable Mode: The variable speed trigger allows for precise speed...
- ◆Quick Chuck & Easy Use: Working with this power drill is pretty easy and...
- ◆Sweet Little Surprise: Wider range - Flexible Shaft can use in the places where driver...
- Power: 12 volts, 1,350 RPM
- Battery and charger: 2 lithium-ion batteries (only 1 required), 100-240 volt charger
- Weight: 5.34 pounds
- Accessories: 100 accessories, including a flexible drill shaft, a 1/4” drill brush, 1 carbide drill bit, and 9 socket wrenches
- Features: 2 variable speeds, and 3 functions (drill, driver, and clean)
- 100 accessories give you nearly unlimited drilling options.
- Ultra-reliable charger can restore any drained batteries within 1 hour.
- Impressive top drilling speed of 1,350 RPM.
- Removal of batteries can be difficult
- Drill bits seem to break easily
- When you’re using the drill, it may give off unpleasant smells of chemicals.
6. Juemel 100Pcs Accessories Electric Power Drill Set
There are some projects that simply don’t require hundreds of accessories. We get it. Sometimes going through accessories can be like finding a needle in a haystack! Having said that, it is good to know how organized a drill set of accessories can be. Costing just under $50, Juemel’s drill set is amazingly organized inside its 288 x 310 mm carrying case.
The Juemel cordless drill driver is compact and lightweight with the battery attached, weighing only 2.6 pounds. It also has an LED light. The clever design of this drill features a magnetic bit holder, which is built into the back of the drill.
This drill works on 2 variable speeds with the help of a pressure trigger. You can either have the drill run on 0-450 RPM or 0-1,450 RPM. The 18 + 1 torque position setting of this drill will give you plenty of options. Juemel’s drill has a powerful all-copper motor that delivers a peak torque of 320 inches per pound.
No products found.
While having a lot of accessories is helpful, they should be durable enough for any drilling session. Juemel’s drill bits are questionable here as they can break off easier than they should. Having the best cheap cordless drill does not mean it should have bits that easily break.
- Power: 20 volts, 1,450 RPM
- Battery and charger: 1 lithium-ion battery pack and 1 battery fast charger
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Accessories: 1 screw set, 1 flexible shaft driver, 2 carbide drill bits, 3 twist drill bits
- Features: magnetic bit holder, 2 speed settings, power indicator on the battery pack
- 18 + 1 torque clutch and 2 variable speed settings make for a powerful tool
- Keyless chuck is very durable and allows for easy installing and removal of bits
- Battery charger charges batteries super fast.
- Drill bits are questionable when it comes to durability
- Magnetic bit holder may work too well, so try to keep it away from other big metal tools.
- While compact and lightweight, this drill may feel too flimsy when carrying it.
7. AutoJare 20V Max/18V Electric Cordless Drill
Being the second-cheapest cordless drill on this list at about $35, the AutoJare electric cordless drill has two varying voltage levels. It has a nominal level of 18v and a maximum level of 20v. Installation and removal of bits are easy with the 3/8” keyless chuck.
The chuck itself has a double bearing and tick gear, which gives you good power, high efficiency, and great durability. It has 18 + 1 torque settings and 2 variable speeds. AutoJare recommends the low-speed level for screwing and the high-speed level for drilling. What specifically helps this drill function is its ventilation. Vents on the side of a drill is not a big deal, but you are guaranteed no issues with overheating.
- This cordless drill/driver kit is ideal for effortless screw driving and screw removal as...
- Ergonomic Design: Lightweight tools designed to fit the users' needs, Soft grip handle for...
- Power Tool Type: Cordless , with variable speed dial to adjust speed, with collet locking...
- Powered by the 20V Max/18V ,1.5AH Lithium-ion battery for strong and steady power and...
- LED Lights for providing increased visibility in dark or confined spaces to work
There are a couple of issues that prevent this drill from being the best cheap cordless drill under 50. The first is the drilling speeds of 0-250 RPM and 0-450 RPM. Those speeds will not cover larger projects. Secondly, the reliability of the battery and charger for this drill is questionable, and searching for replacement pieces can be difficult. You may want a cheap cordless drill, but not one that lacks battery power.
- Power: 18-20 volts, 0-450 RPM max
- Battery and Charger: 1 lithium-ion battery, 1 Lcs20 charger
- Weight: 3.93 pounds
- Accessories: 1 tool bag, soft shaft, 6 drill bits, 3 screwdriver bits, 1 socket wrench
- Features: 3/8” keyless chuck, LED trigger-activated light
- Plenty of accessories to choose from to keep you busy
- 18 + 1 torque settings and 2 variable speed settings make for an easy job
- The vents on the side of the drill help to prevent overheating.
- Max drilling speed of 450 RPM is questionable
- Battery and charger may not be reliable for larger-scale projects
- There is limited availability of replacement batteries
What’s Your Best Cordless Drill Under 50?
Choosing the right power tools can hard. Even though these best cordless drills under 50 are cheap, you still want them to meet your expectations.
If you value drilling speed, then go for a drill that has at least around 800 RPM. If you want batteries that last, then go for a drill that has a reliable and fast charger. Weight is another huge point – if you carry your drill around (I take mine into the paddock all the time), you’ll want one that is as light as possible.
What’s your favorite drill? Tell us in the comments!
Last update on 2021-04-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API