If you’re like me, your garden produces an abundance of some vegetables and not enough of others. Zucchinis are growing particularly well this year and I wondered how to eat zucchini in different ways.
I’m adding zucchini to lots of meals but as you’ll see, there are more ways to use zucchini than you ever dreamed of!
We can give them away, sure, to neighbors, food banks, charities. We can sell them too. But I really wanted to focus on the meals I can make with them, get a bit creative, you know! Broaden our veggie-horizon, and all that.
I’ve found lots! So many, in fact, that we could eat zucchini every single day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And here I was, thinking I had too many zucchinis… Look at this list, there’s no such thing as “too many zucchinis”!
Outdoor Happens is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Click to learn more
How to Eat Zucchini in 87 Different Ways
- Zucchini hummus
- Ratatouille. I’ve included a photo of this at the bottom of the list, don’t miss it, it’s gorgeous!
- Kolokithia Yemista (Greek stuffed zucchini)
- Juice them. Zucchini is really mild in juices
- Grated Zucchini Kraut (This is seriously addictive and super healthy being fermented!)
- Zucchini relish (All Recipes)
- Busy Person’s Zucchini Relish (the recipe that will save you when you’re drowning in zucchini! By Lehman’s.)
- Sourdough Zucchini Banana Bread
- No-Bake Zucchini Lasagna
- Sweet Zucchini relish
- Zucchini noodles – Zoodles recipe. Oxo makes a great spiralizer for zucchini and other veg.
- Zucchini Tots
- Zucchini fries
- Sicilian spiedini of chicken and zucchini
- Zucchini soup
- Air fryer zucchini (recipe). Ninja Foodi makes a 9-in-1 pressure cooker, air fryer, slow cooker, and more. Over 8,500 reviews on Amazon can’t be wrong.
- Zucchini tabouleh
- Zucchini enchiladas
- Lacto-fermented dilled zucchini relish
- Red Lentil Zucchini fritters
- Zucchini bread (cook double or triple and freeze the extra loaves, they freeze well!)
- Shred or grate it and freeze it. It freezes really well and you can use it in cakes, smoothies, and other recipes.
- Papoutsakia (stuffed zucchinis)
- Brownies. Zucchinis make brownies nice and moist.
- Add to tacos, sauces, pasta bakes, and lasagna.
- Zucchini jam
- Zucchini roll-ups
- Zucchini pie
- “Big Boy” zucchini in the crockpot
- Pickle them like pickles
- Dehydrated zucchini. Slice thinly, dehydrate to make zucchini chips. I also did a roundup of 49 unusual foods to dehydrate in your dehydrator, it includes things like french toast, mushrooms, and sauerkraut! And my favorite dehydrator, just in case you’re looking for one.
- Zucchini salsa
- Mock Pineapple and use in cakes, for kids’ lunches, anything you’d use pineapple in!
- Zucchini slice
- Lacto-fermented zucchini cucumber relish
- Mexican zucchini soup
- Sweet Mustard Zucchini pickles
- Pressure can it in spaghetti sauce or tomato juice. Diced or sliced. Use later in chili, soups, and stews
- Dehydrate and powder for seasoning or soup mix
- Zucchini flour
- Zucchini jelly
- Canned zucchini with tomatoes
- Mock strawberry jam. You’d make it just like jam, except use equal parts zucchini and sugar. Add lemon juice and a bit of water. Once it’s hot, you add a large box of strawberry jello. Yum!
- Gluten-free whole grain zucchini sourdough bread
- Zucchini bread and butter pickles
- Zuke Muffins
- Mock apple pie filling
- Zucchini casserole
- Soak in pineapple juice and dehydrate. They taste like candy! Would work with other fruit juices too I should think.
- Roast them in the oven. Add garlic and parmesan cheese.
- Make zucchini spirals and fry with some oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Add to burgers. Adding zucchini to the mix before cooking makes the burgers nice and moist.
- Add to sausage rolls
- Turn them into vegetarian burger patties with beans and eggs.
- Make zucchini pancakes.
- Japanese okonomiyaki
- Zucchini pizza
- Egg Foo Yung
- Add to omelets
- Shrimp Scampi Noodles
- Zucchini boats. Cut in half, remove the inside, and fill with meat mix of choice. Bake in the oven, this is super yum!
- Add to minestrone soup
- Deep fry them like mozzarella sticks
- Hobak Jeon (Korean Zucchini fritters)
- Add to meatloaf
- Add to smoothies. Zucchini has a mild taste and it makes your smoothies creamy! Best frozen first.
- Blueberry Zucchini Cake (I Am Baker)
- Use them instead of eggplant in lasagna
- Feed to dogs, zucchini is safe for dogs to eat
- Dehydrate slices for zucchini chips.
- Zucchini ravioli
- Add to frittata
- Add to muffins
- Can it
- Zucchini Chow Chow. This recipe uses 4 quarts of zucchini!
- Mock apple pie
- Chicken and zucchini kabobs
- Zucchini pesto. I often add silverbeet to pesto to bulk it up. You can do the same with zucchini. Make sure to squeeze the moisture out really well if you use it for pesto.
- Zucchini parmigiana
- Add to curry
- Tzatziki, instead of cucumber
- Cream of zucchini soup
- Zucchini chowder
- Zucchini gratin
So there you have it. Lots of ways of using zucchini. There are no more excuses now, I’m off to the kitchen! After publishing this post, that is… And the promised Zucchini Ratatouille photo!
Here it is, click on it for the recipe.
‘Till next time!