Every experienced gardener knows that the best garden cart is an essential part of their toolkit. If you are fond of being efficient, a garden cart will be your best friend. You can use this cart to carry all your tools, supplies, your soil, and just about everything else you need for gardening.
The best garden cart is tough, durable, and strong enough to carry plenty of weight. That’s why Gorilla Carts’ Poly Dump Cart is our best heavy duty garden cart today. It has a 1200lb weight limit and the poly tray won’t rust!
Outdoor Happens is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Click to learn more
Best Garden Cart Review – Our Top Choices
1. Gorilla Carts Poly Garden Dump Cart [Best Overall]
This cart is at the top of our best garden cart list because of its ability to carry a large amount of weight. With a weight limit of 1200lb, any gardener can haul large loads with ease.
- Patented quick-release dump feature makes unloading quick and easy
- New frame design reduces assembly time while offering improved maneuverability and ground...
- Heavy-Duty 40-inch x 25-inch rust-proof poly bed and 13-inch pneumatic tires. Cubic Ft...
- Padded 2-in-1 heavy-duty handle can be pulled by hand or towed, making it easy to pull up...
- 1-year limited warranty
The padded handle makes pulling comfortable. The height is 20 inches with ten pneumatic turf tires that can handle any terrain. This garden cart makes heavy loads easy to move.
- 13″ pneumatic tires for handling rough terrain
- Cart dimensions: 44” L x 25.7” W x 26.2”
- All-terrain maneuverability for ease of use
- Quick-release dumping and easy loading capabilities
- The handle on this best garden cart is so tough that you can pull it or tow it
- Comfortable to pull
- Strong steel frame
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
2. Gorilla Carts GOR400-COM Steel Garden Cart [Best Value]
As far as best garden carts go, this one is both stylish and efficient.
The relaxed look with heavy-duty wheels gives this cart its maneuverability and rigidity. With a capacity of up to 400lbs, a large load can be hauled without straining your back. The padded handle makes this a quick favorite among gardeners as it is comfortable to use.
- 400 lbs capacity for large and complicated loads.
- Padded pull handle for ease of use and maneuverability.
- Durable pneumatic tires that can handle most terrain types.
- Has a large weight limit
- Easy assembly
- Well built
- The axels loosen over bumpy terrain
3. Marathon Yard Rover Best Garden Cart [Best 2-Wheel]
A great two-wheeled best garden cart that maneuvers well around yards, gardens, and any other terrain. The two air-filled tires are all-terrain and help to maintain balance. The loop handle is for guiding with ease as well as pushing, pulling, and dumping contents. The frame is rust-proof and holds up to 300lbs.
- The yard Rover features two, air-filled wheels, making it easier to lift, balance and...
- The loop handle allows users to effortlessly push, pull or dump the contents of the yard...
- It features a rust-proof 5-cubic foot poly tray and 300-pound load capacity, perfect for...
- It takes minutes to assemble. The only tools required for assembly are a crescent wrench...
- At 25 pounds, It weighs about 25% less than an average wheelbarrow.
- Material Type: Polypropylene
- Loop handle for ease of pushing, pulling, and dumping
- Balancing and maneuvering is made easy
- Durable and light-weight
- Easy to store
- Little assembly required
- Simple to use
- Not a heavy duty garden cart
- Supplied bolts and fasteners rust
A durable garden cart can hold up to 200lbs capacity with a deep bucket for hauling large loads.
- Two fixed wheels provide optimal control and maneuverability.
- Integrated handle includes a molded-in tool and beverage holder.
- Dump trailer holds up to 3.25 cubic feet (level capacity) or 4.5 cubic feet (heaped...
- Carries up to 200 pounds.
The wheels are fixed, and optimal control can be provided as well as maneuverability. The integrated handle has tool and beverage holders that are integrated into the design. This wagon is easy to dump and can handle all your gardening needs.
- Large bucket for dumping was made easy.
- Maneuverable with ease through fixed wheels.
- Vital and durable for even large loads.
- Easy to use
- Handles well
- Stable for loading
- Smaller than you might think
- Plastic cracks easily
This flat wagon is the ideal choice for those who haul heavy loads of gardening supplies.
- Flat wagon for transporting supplies, equipment, and materials
- Steel mesh deck has 2" sides to help prevent items from rolling off
- Auto-style steering with a D-style handle attached to a tie rod and steering arms to help...
- Four 10" x 4" pneumatic rubber tires for use outdoors and on most flooring types
- Some assembly required, instructions included, tools for assembly sold separately
The steel mesh deck is made to hold up to 1000lbs of weight, making it a heavy duty garden cart. The flat deck has a two-inch side to help with keeping items secure during transport. The auto-style steering, along with large wheels, makes this cart easy to maneuver over challenging terrain with an excellent turning radius. The cart is easy to assemble.
- The handle is attached to the tie-rods and steering arm for excellent maneuverability.
- This cart can handle up to 1000lbs with ease.
- Four 10-inch pneumatic rubber tires can handle any terrain.
- More comprehensive than you might think
- Easy to use
- Cannot handle 1000lbs without blowing tires
- Sides are not 2-inches
This steel heavy duty garden cart is on our best garden cart list because of how durable and maneuverable it is.
The large capacity tray and pivot steering make this cart an absolute dream for gardeners. The all-terrain wheels are great for garden use as well as hauling groceries, water, firewood, and more. Any heavy-duty work will be comfortable with this best garden cart. This cart is ideal for novice and experienced gardeners.
- Pivot steering design for tight turns and maneuvering with ease
- 34in.L x 18in.W deck
- 10″ pneumatic tires that are all-terrain
- Folding and removable sides for securing larger loads
- 400lbs weight capacity
- Easy maneuvering
- Sits low
The Polar Trailer is a heavy duty garden cart because it is uniquely made. The polyethylene tub is durable and holds up to 400lbs in weight. The two 20-inch wheels are made with solid rubber and can handle most terrain options.
- Load capacity: 400 lbs, Load size: 10 cubic feet
- Weight: 49 lbs, High-impact polyethylene tub
- Overall Dimensions: 65" X 29" X 29", Body Dimensions: 52" x 29" x 13"
- Two 20" spoked wheels with solid rubber tires
- Perfect for hauling most everything from yard to camping gear
The cart is made to maneuver with a simple bar handle that makes it easy to load and dump.
- Large 20-inch solid rubber tires for easy maneuverability.
- They are built to last as the cart’s engineering allows for rugged use.
- The polyethylene tub is ten cubic feet and high-impact made for durability.
- Can handle a lot of yard supplies
- Handles most terrain, alright
- Bucket is durable
- Hard to maneuver through tight spaces
- Tips easily
This durable best garden cart is made for anyone wanting a good cart for hauling anything. This cart can handle up to 200lbs while feeling like you’re hauling 17lbs. There is a wagon conversion kit that will turn this unique cart into a full-on wagon with ease.
- [200 LBS = 17] The Turbo Lift design provides leverage to transport tremendous loads,...
- [8 DIFFERENT CARTS IN 1] It quickly transforms from a lightweight wheelbarrow into a yard...
- [FLAT-FREE TIRES] Always get a smooth ride with these rugged tires that will never need...
- [CLEVER DESIGN] The innovative two-wheel placement makes all eight functions possible by...
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with...
- [INCLUDES] Aerocart, Cylinder Holder, Bag Holder, Plant Mover Strap, Rock Mover Mesh
Whichever way you prefer it, this best garden cart is made for optimal garden use as it is multi-functional. A smooth ride is to be had with this cart. You will appreciate the compact design.
- Converts your Aerocart into a hay wagon or garden cart in just seconds
- Included seat increases comfort by offering a seated work position, while doubling as a...
- Attaches quickly without the need for tools
- Flat free tires never need inflating
- Features an innovative tool tray with cup holders for additional
- Turbo Life design for leveraging and transporting large loads.
- Multi-purpose garden cart as it can transport into a dolly, wagon, cart, wheelbarrow, or anything else you need.
- Innovative two-wheel design and placement for easy maneuverability.
- Very functional
- Easy to handle
- Maneuvers excellently
- Smaller than it looks
- Need to stoop to pull or push
This utility cart is made to be productive and space-saving. The fold-up design, as well as weighing only 33lb, is made for easy storage and quick use.
- Fold-up utility cart for use in marine environments
- Carries up to 350 pounds of gear to take on and off boats
- Marine-grade aluminum prevents rust and corrosion
- Occupies under 2 square feet of storage space
- 55-by-30-3/4-by-23-inches; limited two-year warranty
- Hauling Capacity: 5.75 cubic feet, 330 pounds/Inside Dimensions: 38" Long x 22.75" Wide x...
This heavy duty garden cart can hold up to 330lbs of gear. You will love how strong and durable this best garden cart is as it can handle any weather or terrain with ease. Loading and unloading are made easy using this cart.
- Marine-grade aluminum is there to help prevent corrosion and rust under most conditions.
- Had two 20-inch pneumatic tires that provided you with flexibility over any terrain.
- The cart can fold up for easy transport and storage.
- Rolls over ground smoothly
- Easy to get in tight spaces
- Can handle a lot of stuff
- Incredibly light-weight at 33lb – this best garden cart is super portable
- Easy to snag fingers when folding
- Cannot lock the gate in place
Best Garden Cart Buyer’s Guide
Here’s some helpful information to help you choose the best garden cart!
What is the difference between a garden cart and a wheelbarrow?
- A garden cart is made to handle larger loads over longer distances than a wheelbarrow. The cart is made to be pulled and often has two or more large wheels.
- Wheelbarrows are more comfortable to maneuver and to dump but aren’t as stable as a garden cart when moving.
How Much Weight Can a Garden Cart Carry?
There is an extensive range of weights that the best garden cart can hold. Heavy-duty carts can handle anywhere from 200lbs up to 1200lbs or more (like our top choice today!).
Are Garden Carts Easy to Maneuver, and Are They Portable?
Not all garden carts are going to be easy to maneuver around. You are going to find some will handle the terrain with more difficulty than others.
If your terrain is rough, look for bigger pneumatic tires, like the 13″ ones on the Gorilla Carts’ Poly Cart. If your terrain is flat, the smaller tires are fine.
A heavy duty garden cart is certainly not as easy to handle in tight corners as a wheelbarrow. If you have a lot of tight corners, look for 2-wheeled carts.
The Types of Garden Carts
There are a few main types of garden carts, and they have different characteristics that make them unique.
- Utility wagon – These carts are made in wagon form and are durable enough to handle heavy loads. The sides come up or can be taken down depending on the model. This type of best garden cart is ideal for hauling sacks of soil, gravel, etc. Example: Gorilla cart.
- Flatbed – These carts are simply wheeling with a flatbed for carrying items. These carts are not made for putting mulch or other types of garden waste in them. The ideal use of these carts is for bags of soil, sand, gravel, cement, and hay.
- Dump carts– Of the types of best garden cart, these are the ones that will resemble a wheelbarrow most closely. These carts are characterized by the large tub and two wheels with a single bar for maneuvering. You will find these easiest for dumping sand, gravel, yard waste, and more.
- Foldable – Foldable carts are the most portable as they fold up for easy storage.
- Seated carts – There are some garden carts you can get with seats that allow you to sit and wheel around the yard. These are best for those who have bad backs or need added support when working in the garden.
- Senior carts – Some of the best garden carts on the market are made specifically for seniors. The joy of a green thumb does not diminish over time, and there are some carts explicitly made for seniors so that they can garden well into the golden years.
What’s Your Best Garden Cart?
Choosing the best garden cart is never an easy endeavor. Picking the best garden cart should include one that is durable and can withstand the weight of your gardening needs.
Did you find your best garden cart? Have any other tips for us to choose the best garden cart? Feel free to leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts.
Last update on 2021-06-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API