One of the most requested accessories from Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven fans is the ability to run their pizza oven on natural gas from a fixed natural gas line. We can already run our Koda 16 pizza oven on propane, which is its default gas fuel. Now you can run it on natural gas too!
Ooni’s new Koda 16 oven natural gas conversion kit includes all the parts and tools that you need to convert your Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven to natural gas.
Here it is:
Ooni Koda 16 Pizza Oven Natural Gas Conversion Kit
Ooni’s natural gas conversion kit includes:
- The gas hose
- A quick connector
- Nozzles for natural gas
- Natural gas control dial collar
- A hex wrench and screwdriver
- An instruction manual
With the help of the instruction manual, you should be able to complete the conversion from propane to natural gas in about one hour.
Koda 16 Pizza Oven Natural Gas Conversion Tips
There are a few things to keep in mind when you’re converting your Ooni Koda 16 to natural gas.
- Ooni recommends that you talk to your local gas engineer to make sure everything is set up correctly, and it’ll work the way you want it to.
- The natural gas conversion kit is compatible with the Koda 16 only.
- Make sure your natural gas supply line termination has a 3/8″ NPT male thread.
- You may also need to install a quarter-turn valve on your gas line, depending on your local gas code. Something to check before you go ahead.
One thing I’m checking up on is that Ooni states in their description:
Apart from the parts supplied, you’ll also need a 19mm (3⁄4″) wrench, a 12mm (1⁄2″) wrench, and a Phillips head screwdriver.
It states that it comes with a hex wrench and a screwdriver in the kit, so do we need extra wrenches and a screwdriver, or is this a mistake?
Where Can You Buy the Natural Gas Conversion Kit?
The kit is only available in the US at the moment. You can’t get it in other countries. You can buy the conversion kit from Ooni direct – visit Ooni.
In the photo above, you can see the Koda 16 oven with a peel and pizza cutter. Ooni has some great starter bundles, which I’ve talked about before in my comparison of Ooni pizza oven starter bundles. You can also read my Koda 16 pizza oven vs Ooni Pro pizza oven comparison if you’re not sure the Koda oven is for you.
Note that, at the time of writing, the natural gas conversion kit is only available via preorder, with shipping expected in late July. If you’ve tried to buy an Ooni pizza oven before, you know they run out quickly! Grab yours now before they run out.
Ooni Koda 16 Oven – One of the Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens
There she is, the Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven. Looks great, doesn’t she!
The Koda 16 pizza oven changed all that. It makes big pizzas too, gets as flamin’ hot as the Pro, and is more portable to boot. The big difference between the Pro and the Koda 16 is that the Pro is multi-fuel. It runs on wood, charcoal, or gas. The Koda 16 is now kind of multi-fuel, running on its default propane and natural gas with the kit, but it’s still gas.
The choice is pretty easy still.
- If you want to cook pizzas on wood or charcoal, the Pro is your pizza oven.
- If you want to run your Ooni pizza oven on natural gas, the Koda 16 with natural gas conversion kit is the go. The Pro, so far, is not compatible with natural gas. It is compatible with propane tanks, both large ones and 1lb propane tanks. You’ll need a suitable adaptor to run the Pro on gas.
What do you think of the new natural gas conversion kit, is it something you’ve been waiting for?