My husband and I raise our own cattle for beef. We get lots and lots of cuts of meat that keep us going for many months. We’re at the end of our meat supply now, and all I have left are T-bones and giant hunks of corned beef.
I like to cook meals for my husband to take to work. He’s away for 7 days and although food is supplied, it’s often boring, overcooked, and just not very tasty. Now that I only have corned beef left over though, I wondered what meals I can cook with it that are a bit “outside the box”.
This list of meals to cook with corned beef might come in handy for you too, as well as serve as a reference for the future. I’m going to try and get more mince in the future, but for now, I have at least 50 lbs of corned beef to use up!
Outdoor Happens is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Click to learn more
Each recipe is linked to the full recipe so it’s easy to find.
If you have a great corned beef meal, please share and help me out! Especially meals I can freeze 🙂
Meals to Cook With Corned Beef
- Corned Beef Tacos (you can freeze the mix)
- Reuben Mac & Cheese (a good one for freezing!)
- Hot Corned Beef Dip
- Reuben Poppers (deep-fried balls with lots of yum inside)
- Reuben stuffed potato skins
- Corned Beef Hash
- Macaroni and Corned Beef Casserole (a great freezer too)
- Corned Beef Hash Brown Casserole
- Corned Beef Cottage Pie (perfect for freezing)
- Corned Beef Shepherd’s Pie (similar to the cottage pie)
- Reuben Bake (corned beef, cabbage, and loads of mashed potato in a bake)
- Irish Egg Rolls (my husband will love this – wrapped in pastry and deep-fried)
- Loaded Reuben Baked Potatoes
- Loaded Corned Beef Breakfast Muffins (this one’s for the kids, great for school lunches & freezing. Just replace the sausage with corned beef.)
- Corned Beef Casserole (freezes well)
- Corned Beef and Noodle Casserole (super easy to make and great for freezing)
- Corned Beef Grilled Cheese (with caramelized onions!)
- Bacon & Cheese Corned Beef Burgers
- Reuben Fritters
- Creamy Potato and Corned Beef Chowder
- Cheesy Corned Beef Tater Tots (awesome snack!)
- Corned Beef Fried Rice
- Filipino Fried Garlic Rice With Corned Beef
- Corned Beef Stuffed Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Beef Stroganoff (swap for corned beef)
- Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
Let me know which of these you’ve tried and what they were like! I’ll add more corned beef meals to this list as I come across them, so it’s a complete reference for when you, like me, have 50 pounds of corned beef to cook up.
Next item? Eggs! I have a million eggs!